Holidays & Closings
- December 22, 2023 - Close at noon
- December 25, 2023 – Christmas Day
- December 26, 2023 - Closed
- January 1, 2024 - New Year's Day
- January 2, 2024 - Closed
- January 15, 2024 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- February 19, 2024 - President's Day
- May 27, 2024 - Memorial Day
- June 19, 2024 - Juneteenth
- July 4, 2024 - Independence Day
- September 2, 2024 - Labor Day
- October 14, 2024 - Columbus Day
- November 5, 2024 - Election Day
- November 11, 2024 - Veteran's Day
- November 27, 2024 - Close at noon
- November 28, 2024 - Thanksgiving Day
- November 29, 2024 - Closed
- December 24, 2024 - Closed
- December 25, 2024 - Christmas Day
In the event of inclement weather or emergency, court closures and delays will be posted on the following local news channels:
- WAVY, NBC 10, Norfolk, www.wavy.com
- WTKR, CBS 3, Hampton Roads, www.wtkr.com
- WVEC, ABC 13, Norfolk, www.13newsnow.com
- WTVR, CBS 6, Richmond, www.wtvr.com
This information will also be available on Virginia’s Judicial System at www.vacourts.gov and by calling the court’s direct line (804) 693-4850.
If the court has a delayed opening, and:
- Your case was scheduled during the time of the delay, please be prepared to appear in court at the scheduled opening as your case will be called upon the court’s opening.
- Your case is scheduled at the time of opening or later, please be prepared to appear in court at your scheduled hearing time. Your case is not delayed and will be called at the scheduled time or as soon thereafter as possible.
Following a court closure, all cases scheduled on the affected date(s) will be continued. All parties will receive a summons or notice of hearing with the new court date. It may take the Clerk’s Office a week or two to continue these cases. Please do not call to request a continuance date.