Holidays & Closings
- January 17, 2022 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- February 21, 2022 - Presidents' Day
- May 30, 2022 - Memorial Day
- June 20, 2022 - Juneteenth (Observed)
- July 4, 2022 - Independence Day
- September 5, 2022, Labor Day
- October 10, 2022 - Columbus Day
- November 8, 2022 - Election Day
- November 11, 2022 - Veterans Day
- November 23, 2022 - Close at noon
- November 24, 2022 - Thanksgiving Day
- November 25, 2022 - Closed
- December 25, 2022 - Christmas Day
- December 26, 2022 - Closed
In the event of inclement weather or emergency, court closures and delays will be posted on the following local news channels:
- WAVY, NBC 10, Norfolk, www.wavy.com
- WTKR, CBS 3, Hampton Roads, www.wtkr.com
- WVEC, ABC 13, Norfolk, www.13newsnow.com
- WTVR, CBS 6, Richmond, www.wtvr.com
This information will also be available on Virginia’s Judicial System at www.vacourts.gov and by calling the court’s direct line (804) 693-4850.
If the court has a delayed opening, and:
- Your case was scheduled during the time of the delay, please be prepared to appear in court at the scheduled opening as your case will be called upon the court’s opening.
- Your case is scheduled at the time of opening or later, please be prepared to appear in court at your scheduled hearing time. Your case is not delayed and will be called at the scheduled time or as soon thereafter as possible.
Following a court closure, all cases scheduled on the affected date(s) will be continued. All parties will receive a summons or notice of hearing with the new court date. It may take the Clerk’s Office a week or two to continue these cases. Please do not call to request a continuance date.