Hummel Field Airport
Airport Code is W75.
Hummel Field is a public use airport located six nautical miles east of the central business district of Saluda, in Middlesex County, Virginia, United States. It is owned by the County Board of Supervisors.
New runway constructed August 2022. At this time, day operations only (see posted NOTAMs)
PK NAIL NORTH END:
Y = 3751379.4297; X = 12077745.1190; El. = 22.6000
PK NAIL SOUTH END:
Y = 3748230.1980; X = 12077798.0678; El. = 29.3700
Total Runway Length: 3,149.68’
Bearing Between N & S End: N 00-57’-48” W
SPECIAL NOTICE FOR 9/30/23 WINGS, WHEELS AND KEELS EVENT:
- Aircraft can land and depart during the event, except during the Radio-Controlled Aircraft Show.
- Airport will be closed during the Radio-Controlled Aircraft Show – 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- No fuel will be sold during the event. Fuel will be available after 4:00 p.m. •Skydivers will be in the vicinity of the airport and landing on Hummel from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- An aircraft parking crew will be available to assist with aircraft to make a safe transition from the runway to parking spot.
Public-Private Partnership Agreement with Middlesex County
The following documents, related to preliminary planning services for the above-referenced Project, are being offered for public comment for 30 days under the County’s “Purchasing Policy Implementing Public-Private Education Facilities and Infrastructure Act of 2002 and Public-Private Transportation Act of 1995”.
- Draft Interim Agreement between Delaware Corporation and Middlesex County (PDF)
- Scope of Work for Airport Layout Plan at Hummel Field (PDF)
- Scope of Work for Environmental Impact Review at Hummel Field (PDF)
Learn more about the partnership by viewing the Public-Private Partnership Agreement Unsolicited Proposal (PDF).