The Middlesex County Department of Social Services offers a variety of services:
- Adoption Services - Assists with the placement of children in “forever” homes
- Adult Protective Services - Protection for elderly or disabled citizens
- Adult Services - Helps elderly or disabled citizens remain independent
- Auxiliary Grant - Supplemental income for citizens residing in assisted living facilities
- Child Care - Day care supplements to families
- Child Protective Services (CPS) - Protection for children, preservation of families, whenever possible, and prevention of further maltreatment. Child Protective Services is non-punitive in its approach and is directed toward enabling families to provide adequate care for their children
- Employment Services / VIEW - Helps citizens broaden and develop job skills
- Energy Assistance - Heating, cooling and crisis assistance
- Foster Care Recruitment and Training - Become a foster care provider
- Foster Care- Provides homes and compassionate foster parents for children who are removed from their homes due to abuse or neglect, or other family circumstances that prevent children from remaining in their homes.
- Fraud - Investigations for false benefits requests
- Medicaid - Medical Assistance
- State and Local Hospitalization (SLH) - direct payments to hospitals
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP - Formerly the Food Stamp Program)
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) - Short term financial assistance to families with children
COVID-19 Fraud Prevention
Middlesex Department of Social Services is strongly committed to identifying and eliminating fraud to Middlesex Department of Social Services by calling 804-758-2348.
Report fraud if you know someone receiving benefits and is:
- Not reporting income
- Not reporting ownership
- Not reporting who lives in the household
- Selling their benefits (food stamps)
In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, political beliefs, or disability.